Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fun Drink: Almond Champagne

    POP!! Don’t forget to hold the cork after taking off the wire hood off your champagne. We could have had a shattered kitchen light! Luckily all is safe. My first “fun” beverage tasting of the year is going to be a bottle of Wilson Creek Almond Champagne. From Temecula, California and not Champagne, France normally this would be called a sparkling wine but is labeled as champagne. Wilson Creek is allowed to do this because of a law that states if a sparkling wine was labeled a champagne before the year 2006 they are allowed to keep that name as long as they display the city of origin on the label.

    Since it is the New Year what better way to celebrate then with a bottle of champagne. I absolutely love it!! It’s smooth flavor and just the right amount of sweetness makes me want to drink glass after glass. The Almond Champagne has a beautiful smell to it and the after taste only make you crave more. One criticism I do have however is that I like to have my champagne have more bubbles. But, for 10 bucks, I will take it as is. I would say it’s a perfect pairing for a simple desert but right now it’s making me crave a juicy rib eye with blue cheese topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment