Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

To me the best part about a new year beginning is having the feeling of starting over. I love making goals, new years resolutions or anything of the sort. And, believe it or not, I usually achieve my new years resolutions.

For 2012 I want to concentrate more on my own wants rather than just fulfilling my needs. 2011 was a busy year with lots of work, work and more work. Good things did come out of it though and I finally moved into my dream apartment. I’ve been fantasizing about living in this apartment complex since I first moved out of my parents house. With a floor plan that features a fireplace, separate dining area, a huge kitchen with a bay window over the sink, two sliding doors one off the living room and one of the bedroom, a giant walk in closet and a laundry closet I don’t think a girl could ask for much more. However, with this crazy work schedule, I haven’t been able to enjoy the space. This is why my first few goal are centered around my apartment. First off I need finish furnishing the place. Goal #1. Purchase a sofa. Goal #2. Find a solution for a headboard. And lastly I need to add some life to the apartment so Goal #3 is to add some plants.

Now for a few more personal goals for 2012. I used to cook a lot. Again, because of the crazy work schedule I haven’t been able to fit that into my very hectic schedule. So, goal #4. Is to cook at lease one homemade meal a month. To make it a little more exciting and easier to fit in I’m also going to make goal #5 to try more “fun” beverages. What I mean by “fun” is alcoholic. To balance out the extra food and drinks I’m going to add goal #6 which is working out. **Disclaimer** Working out does not mean a strict regimen or loosing weight. I just need some exercise with no guilt of trying to achieve a certain weight.

Finally goal #7. The most important goal of all and I’m finally doing it. Is getting my business going. Part of my reason for getting this blog going is so everyone can follow along with my journey in this. CF Designs is my craft based business. I have a talent for creating things and I’ve been told I should share it with the world. So this is my attempt to. My background is in interior design. I’ve been doing it for 6 years and specialize in high end residential design. I’ve decided to start this side business so I can have a creative outlet that the design industry just can't fulfill.

I hope you join me in this journey of starting this new business and bettering myself for what I feel is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment